Permanent Worker Immigration Visa Attorney in New York City

One of the ways a person can come to the United States, gain lawful residence, and even become a citizen is through employment-based immigration. Applying for or sponsoring a permanent worker is a time consuming, tedious process that deserves the attention of an experienced immigration attorney. About 140,000 immigrant visas are provided each year for foreign people and their families who wish to become lawful permanent residents based on employment. With the right talent, education, and experience, an eligible person may be able to live permanently in the United States, hold a Green Card, and even work towards citizenship. Helping these people along the way is an honor for our firm. We recognize the significance of someone’s pursuit of the American Dream. Contact The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta for a consultation to discuss your legal matter with our permanent work visa attorneys.

Labor certification

For some immigrant visas, a job offer is required from an employer who will act as a sponsor. For some employment visa categories, the employer must obtain a labor certification from the Department of Labor before the submission of an immigration petition. This certification verifies that there are not enough U.S. workers willing, available, or qualified to fill the position and that hiring said foreign employee will not impact the wages or working environment of similar citizen employees.

EB-1 visa (first preference)

People with extraordinary ability are considered outstanding in the field of education or research. They may also be employed as a multinational executive or manager. A person with extraordinary ability must be able to demonstrate national or international acclaim. A professor or researcher must establish evidence of outstanding achievement in a particular field, the experience to back it up, and the intention to join tenure-track teaching or comparable research position.

EB-2 visa (second preference)

People who carry an advanced degree or the equivalent of one or have an exceptional ability may be eligible under an EB-2 visa. The job applicant must either have an equivalent degree or greater to the position. The applicant with an extraordinary ability must be able to demonstrate that ability in the arts, sciences, or business.

EB-3 visa (third preference)

EB-3 visas are saved for immigrants who are skilled workers, professionals in a field, or certain unskilled workers. A skilled worker is someone who can demonstrate at least 2 years of job experience or training. A professional is someone whose job requires a minimum of a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent and works as a member of a said profession. An unskilled worker is someone with less than two years of experience at a job that needs no degree and is not of a temporary or seasonal nature.

EB-4 visa (fourth preference)

This category is saved for special immigrants, including religious workers, certain broadcasters, special immigrant juveniles, G-4 or NATO employees and family members, international employees of the U.S. government abroad, armed forces members, specific physicians, Panama Canal zone employees, Afghan & Iraqi translators, Afghan and Iraqi nationals who have provided support of U.S. operations.

EB-5 visa (immigration investor program)

The EB-5 visa program functions quite differently than the other EB visa programs. The EB-5 visa is saved for entrepreneurs and their families. This immigration visa allows investors to come to the United States if they invest in a commercial enterprise in the country and plan to create at least 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified citizen workers.

Contact our permanent work visa law firm

If you hope to become a lawful permanent resident through employment, one option is to go through the EB visa program. Our firm recognizes the significance of being allowed to permanently work and live in the United States. As a lawful permanent resident, you may pursue citizenship and the citizenship of your family. Having quality legal support in the United States is important. If you are interested in our firm or legal services, contact The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta today.

Read Our Latest Blogs

  • When does the 3-10 year bar go into effect?
    Read More
  • Who qualifies for the O-1A visa?
    Read More
  • What steps can I take to get a student visa?
    Read More