P Visa Lawyer in Manhattan

P visas are for those who come to the United States temporarily to perform in a range of entertaining events. Athletes, members of internationally recognized entertainment groups, performers under a reciprocal exchange program, and artists or entertainers performing under culturally unique program will most likely need a version of the P Visa to meet the goal of performing in our country. A P visa is a nonimmigrant visa, similar to an O-visa in many ways. In order for the entertainer to file for a P visa, he or she must firm get a sponsor who will file a form I-129, a petition for a nonimmigrant worker. The process can be daunting. Whether you wish to bring a performer to the United States or are an entertainer abroad hoping to travel, it is important to have quality legal support to guide you through the process. The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta has been a legal resource to the immigrant community for over 2 decades. We are dedicated professionals ready to work closely with clients to help them achieve their goals. For a consultation with our firm, contact The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta.

P visa classifications

There are three classifications of P visas. P-1A visas are for internationally recognized athletes. P-1B visas are for members of internationally recognized entertainment groups, P-2 visas are for performers or groups under reciprocal exchange programs, and P-3 visas are for artists and entertainers that are part of a culturally unique program.

P-1A visa

The P-1A visa is for athletes and supporting staff that come to compete, staying in the United States temporarily and perform at a specific competition. The individual or group must be internationally recognized for their achievements and are considered well known in more than one country. The period of stay depends on the one applying. An individual athlete can apply to stay for the necessary time needed to complete the event, not exceeding 5 years. Athletic groups are similar but should not stay for longer than 1 year. Essential support staff should not stay for more than 1 year.  These applicants can extend their stay. Individuals and support staff can extend up to 10 years.

P-1B visa

A P-1B visa are for artists performing as an entertainment group internationally recognized as outstanding in their field for a sustained or substantial period of time. The allowance of this visa depends on the group itself and not on any individual’s experience or talent. At least 75% of the group must have been involved for one year or longer. The period of stay for this visa should not exceed 1 year but can be extended by increments of a year as needed to complete the event.

P-2 visa

A P-2 visa is for an artist, individually or part of a group, entering the United States through a reciprocal exchange program recognized by the government. The talents of an applicant must be comparable to the U.S. artists and entertainers taking part in the program abroad. The period of stay should be the time needed to complete the event, competition or performance and should not exceed 1 year but can be extended in increments of 1 year.

P-3 visa

A P-3 visa is saved for artists or entertainers coming to the United States individually or as a group with the intention to develop, interpret, represent, coach, or teach a traditional and uniquely musical, theatrical, artistic, folk, ethnic, and cultural presentation that furthers an understanding of the art form. The period of stay allotted to this visa is 1 year and can be extended in increments of up to 1 year.

Contact The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta

The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta is honored to help artists and entertainers of all kinds come to the United States with the purpose of enriching our culture by celebrating others’. If you are an artist, a P visa is not your only option. It is important to discuss your situation with an attorney that can guide you through the process and your choices. Contact The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta to discuss your goals with an effective immigration attorney.

Read Our Latest Blogs

  • When does the 3-10 year bar go into effect?
    Read More
  • Who qualifies for the O-1A visa?
    Read More
  • What steps can I take to get a student visa?
    Read More